Wednesday 21 March 2012

Need to improve my wildlife skills



Within the last few weeks I had the chance of photographing birds on two occasions. Although I'm interested in birds I do not photograph them very much at all.

The first on here is the shore at the head of Loch Ewe. There are a two curlews in there but they are a little difficult to see and are too small in the frame.


With some cropping I managed to get the following. It is a slightly better view, but the quality is suffering


About a week later I was close to a lake in east London and saw this heron.



Again too far away to be any use and cropping had about the same effect as with the curlews.




Two good indications I need to improve my wildlife skills and get closer to the subject, though for the heron I would have got very wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment